Tritoni Square and Biskuttin Area Project
- Drawings of the Square being prepared;
- Upgrading of services and embellishment;
- Large open space for social and cultural activities.
Strait Street Victorian Lanterns
Merchant Street (VSD) Victorian Lanterns
St. Patrick Street – Tarmac and new pavement
St. Lucy Street – New Tarmac and pavement
- The restoration and adaptive re-use of Palazzo Zondadari, Merchants Street, Valleta;
- Upgrading works at Valletta Bus Terminus (Phase 1);
- Construction of a street-level car park, surfacing and levelling of open area at Triq Il-Mall, Floriana;
The Vertical Connection project connecting the port to Valletta – the Barrakka Lift.
“The project was funded under the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The boom in the newly established Cruise Liner Industry demanded that the centre of the city and the waterfront become more accessible.
Upgrading works at Boiler Wharf, Senglea into a cruiseliner terminal;
This was one of the first development initiatives undertaken by GHRC in collaboration with MMA. Its objectives included:
- Rehabilitation of the quay facilities originally owned by MSL
- Conversion of the existing built assets to cater for Cruise operations
- Cleaning and removal of all accretions against the existing Senglea fortifications
Restoration and upgrading works at Senglea Regatta Club;
During the late part of 2011 GHRC was entrusted with the rehabilitation of the Senglea Regatta clubhouse. These premises were transformed into a modern sports facility which complemented the ongoing embellishment exercise of Senglea Waterfront as part of the Rehabilitation initiative for the Cottonera area through an European accession funding portfolio. The scope of works for the rehabilitation of the Regatta Club was therefore identified as follows:
- Internal improvements to the existing premises to form a new gym, for the club rowers. Extension of the committee room and complete refurbishment of the boat house where the regatta boats are stored.
- Complete refurbishment and upgrade of the external façade of the club permissions which fell in a disrepair state;
- Renewal of the electrical and mechanical systems including installation of external decorative façade lighting;
- New external decorative glazed apertures;
- Refurbishment of the immediate external works including major repairs to the existing slipway and adjoining quays.
- The development of the City Gate entrance and streetscape;
- The development of the new Parliament Building;
- The restoration and re-use of the old Opera House site into a Pjazza;
- The building of an open-air theatre;
- The development of the new Pjazza Jean De Valette.
Upper St. Elmo
- Restoration and rehabilitation of Fort St. Elmo and Carafa Enceinte;
- Establishment of a museum operated by Heritage Malta, and Carafa Bastions Heritage Promenade.
- The rehabilitation of Senglea Waterfront and road from Macina up to Boiler Wharf (French Creek);
- The rehabilitation of the common parts of housing blocks in Cospicua mainly St Nicholas Married Quarters and Verdala Housing Estates;
- The landscaping of the site at San Ġwann t’Għuxa;
- The embellishment of the area surrounding Dar Andrew in Cospicua.
- The development of an open space, mostly pedestrian space;
- New paving, embellishment and street furniture;
- New lighting in the square and the façades.
Ditch Parking and Garden
- Increase in parking facilities;
- Access to public.
Grand Masters Palace
- The Palace will host the high level meetings of the EU17 presidency;
- Restoration, consolidation and renovation work;
- Installation of new electrical services;
- IT network, heat, ventilation and air-conditioning system, CCTV system, fire alarm system;
- Refitting of main chamber to serve as conference room and ancillary facilities;
- Refitting of new offices and new media centre.
City Gate Shopping Arcades
- Continuation of timber balconies;
- Restoration of façade.
Ta’ Liesse / Seafarers Lounge
- Accommodation facilities/social centre for seafarers
- New services, tiling and facilities;
- Restoration of crypt and façade.